Objectives & Targets
A significant amount of work has been done to independently verify our carbon footprint which includes the emissions from our investment in infrastructure projects. Our environmental targets for 2013 reflect our commitment towards conservation of natural resources and reducing our overall business carbon and waste footprint.
We continue to strive to improve safety performance through training and proactive safety monitoring programmes.
Progress on our 2012 targets
- Of the 135 HSEQ audits conducted in 2012, 107 scored above our internal standard of 80%. 127 of all audits scored above 70%.
- The average HSE performance score was 82.4%.
- We achieved the ROSPA Gold Award for the fourth year in succession.
- We maintained our Accident Incident Rate below the Health and Safety Executive all industry rate of 473.5 (based on HSE 2010/11 rates).
- Certification to BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2004 were maintained.
- Total waste recycled in 2012 increased from 4793 tonnes to 5727 (24.09% to 29.71%)
- Carbon emissions for the period Q3 2011 to Q2 2012 were independently verified by the Carbon Trust.