Communications & Investor Relations Manager
Job Title: Communications & Investor Relations Manager
Reporting to: Communications Director & Head of Investor Relations
Location: London, UK
Business Division: Group
About John Laing:
John Laing Group (JLG) is a FTSE 250 listed international originator, active investor and manager of infrastructure projects. As a responsible investor, our business is focused on major transport, social and energy transition infrastructure projects across a range of international markets including Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and the UK. John Laing creates shareholder value through investing in sustainable greenfield infrastructure projects, and by actively managing these projects through construction and into operation.
John Laing is one of the world’s most trusted names in the field of infrastructure thanks to our expertise and credentials. We have invested in 150 projects in the last 50 years.
To create value for all our stakeholders by investing in, developing and managing infrastructure projects which respond to public needs, foster sustainable growth and improve the lives of communities around the world.
Ownership: We take personal and collective responsibility for our contributions to the business, reflecting the ethics, inclusivity and integrity of our purpose.
Empowerment: We trust our colleagues to do their best work for our business, wherever they are, giving them the tools, skills and support they need in order to do their best and reach their full potential.
Growth Mindset: We are open minded and alive to learning new things and spotting new opportunities. We’re continually looking for ways to improve, so that we develop as individuals and contribute to the growth of our business and communities in which we work.
Shared Prosperity: We believe that our success can only come from collective results, where outcomes are aligned and benefits are realised for all stakeholders.
The Role: Communications and Investor Relations Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, high calibre individual who is looking for a varied role with high visibility internally and externally. The role provides a blend of analytical and written work as well as communication with key stakeholders, including senior management, shareholders and analysts. Longer term, significant opportunities for future development exist within the Group.
Key Responsibilities – Communications
Working closely with the Director of Communications, the successful candidate will collaborate on the creation and production of a diverse suite of communications from press releases to internal communications to case studies. The successful candidate will enjoy writing, drafting and editing copy. S/he will have a sharp eye for detail and a clear, engaging prose style.
The role will involve working with the Director of Communications to
• Support the firm’s relationship with its PR agency
• Co-ordinate and manage a communications calendar for internal and external communications
• Maintain the company website with up to date compelling content
• Develop first class firmwide internal communications to keep colleagues motivated and engaged
• Write imaginative case studies that explain the company’s success to date across various countries and sectors
• Draft ad hoc content as needed in a variety of contexts for diverse audiences of journalists, employees, business partners, and advisers
Key Responsibilities – Investor Relations
Working closely with the Head of Investor Relations, the successful candidate will be play a key role in transforming Investor Relations into a proactive, best in class function. The role is extremely varied and requires an agile all-rounder with natural enthusiasm for building and maintaining a keen understanding of our business and industry dynamics. An ability to translate information and insight into written reports and presentations will be key.
The role will involve working with the Head of Investor Relations to:
• Manage the annual financial reporting calendar and communications, including writing results announcements and presentations
• Contribute to and project manage aspects of the materials for the John Laing Group annual report
• Participate in meetings with investors and analysts
• Monitor peer group and partner performance and developments
• Develop and produce materials for annual investor days
• Maintain consensus and review analysts estimates and models on a regular basis
• Own and develop the content of the Investor Relations section of the Group website
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent academics, including a degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) from well recognised university
• An MBA, Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
• Candidates must have three to five years of work experience, and will have worked in a complex, fast paced environment and be able to understand the key financial drivers of a business.
• The successful candidate will have experience of in-house communications; investor relations; equity research; or corporate development
• First hand experience of working with the media (either in an agency or in house) would be welcomed
• Highly analytical, with strong written communication skills
• Commercially and financially astute
• Excellent verbal communication and engagement skills; an ability to influence and build strong relationships across multiple time zones
• Strong attention to detail
• Action-oriented with a pragmatic, ‘can do’ attitude
• Intellectual curiosity and keen to learn
• A real team player
• Able to take ownership, set your own agenda and manage competing stakeholders
Perks & Benefits:
• Private medical care
• Private dental care
• Enhanced pension contributions
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Charity projects
• Women’s Network Club
• Flexible working
• Wellbeing allowance
• And many more…
More about us:
We are an equal opportunities employer. At John Laing, we value the unique skills, experiences and backgrounds of every employee, and have a wide range of D&I initiatives across the organisation. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
To apply please email your CV to Eva.Dustagheer@laing.com