Last updated: February 2021
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, we are the “controller” in respect of Personal Data collected or provided via the Site.
1. How we collect your Personal Data
We may collect and process your Personal Data in various ways, including:
- Information you give us:
For example, by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to a service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site and if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect from your use of our services:
- This includes information about your computer, your visits and use of the Site (including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths). The purpose of collecting this information is to ensure the basic functions of our website, to optimise them and to guarantee the security of our information technology systems.
2. How we use your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information and services made available by us and to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations such as data analysis, audits, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention, security, improving or modifying the Site;
- to send you email notifications or updates that you have specifically requested, respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site; and
- to check compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the Site.
Your Personal Data are processed on the basis of at least one legitimate ground which may be, depending on the categories of Personal Data and the purposes of the processing: (i) the performance of a contract with you or pre-contractual steps for a contract with you, (ii) compliance with our legal obligations; (iii) our legitimate interests (which include those purposes set out above) or the legitimate interests of the third parties with whom we may share your Personal Data; or (iv) your explicit consent (which may be withdrawn at any time).
3. How we may share your Personal Data
In connection with the above purposes, we may share your Personal Data with:
- any of our employees or officers;
- any member of our group (and their respective employees and officers), including abroad, in accordance with appropriate safeguards, details of which are available on request; and
- any of our third party agents and service providers (including providers of data processing, storage, web site hosting, data analysis, email delivery, auditing and other similar services;
We may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- in response to a request from governmental and quasi-governmental bodies and regulators;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation, or enforce and/or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others;
- if we (or a member of our group) sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we (or the relevant member of our group) will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; or
- if we have your consent to make the disclosure.
4. Where we store your Personal Data
All Personal Data you provide to us is transferred and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom.
How we keep your Personal Data secure
We use various security technologies to protect Personal Data from unauthorised or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These include secure servers, firewalls and encrypted solutions and reasonable and appropriate organisational, technical, and administrative measures].
However, transmissions over the internet are never entirely secure or error-free and we do not guarantee the security of the information communicated to and/or from the Site. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
5. How long we keep your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required for the purposes set out above, provided we may retain your Personal Data in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
6. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your Personal Data, including rights in certain circumstances to:
be informed about what personal data is being collected, how it’s being used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with any third parties;
- request access to Personal Data we hold about you and details of our processing of your Personal Data;
- request us to correct inaccurate Personal Data and complete any incomplete Personal Data;
- request us to delete Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for us to hold it;
- request that we limit the way we use your personal data;
- receive your Personal Data in a format suitable for transmission to a third party;
- object to and/or restrict the processing of your Personal Data (including profiling) on certain grounds;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing;
- object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you; and
- lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at 1 Kingsway, London WC2B 6AN. We will respond to these requests in accordance with, and subject to the exemptions stipulated in, applicable data protection laws.
7. Website links
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that we have no control over their contents. These websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
9. How to contact us