Location: North America, US
- To ensure that construction meets the requirements of the DB contract, the technical requirements, the relevant technical specifications and all relevant project documents.
- To manage the inputs of the Quality Manager, Environmental Compliance Manager and Safety Manager.
- To provide oversight of the development, optimization and proper implementation of the QA/QC Plan.
- To consider and implement strategies to at all times consider the maintainability of the asset and the ability to deliver the Maintenance and Rehabilitation Plan within the project budget.
- To ensure delivery of a quality asset on time, in a safe manner, to the required level of quality and within budget.
- Ensure that the DB Contractor complies with the construction related provisions of the DB Agreement;
- Monitor, evaluate and manage the DB Contractor’s compliance with the Project Agreement, Technical Requirements, the QA/QC Plan, and any legal or regulatory requirements and approved policies, procedures and plans – liaise with the Quality Manager for this;
- Monitor construction progress against the schedule to ensure Project delivery on time;
- Arrange regular meetings with the Client, the DB Contractor and other relevant parties to review, inter alia, construction progress, construction issues and QA/QC performance;
- Identify and report issues with a potential Maintenance and/or Rehabilitation impact early and take the lead to find mutually acceptable solutions on a timely basis;
- Ensure compliance with the construction related performance requirements and monitor construction related noncompliance points and instances; and
- Manage and organize the SPV’s technical team.
- Monitor the implementation of the QA/QC-Plan and propose enhancements as appropriate;
- Work with the Quality Manager to detect deficiency trends and participate to the development and/or evaluation of corrective actions;
- Monitor the performance of QC;
- Ensure client expectations are managed in line with contract provisions, to include any QA/QC requirements of the Project Agreement and Project Documents; and
- Hold regular meetings with Quality Manager and DB Contractor to review QA/QC process issues, performance and workmanship;
Member of the Management Team
- Work with the management team to develop a strategy and process to properly execute the Project Agreement, to have a quality project delivered on time and to manage the short and long term risks of the shareholders;
- Review/analyze reports provided by contractors and prepare a variety of correspondence, presentation and reports to the Management Team, the Client, and the Lenders;
- Provide input to the Project Risk Register and update as appropriate; ensure proper mitigation and monitoring of the project risks;
- Provide input into monthly reports for presentation to the Board, covering key construction and QA/QC issues and provide timely and accurate information and reports to the management team and shareholders in agreed format(s);
- To provide support to other team members/directors on e.g. QA/QC, maintenance and rehabilitation issues; and
- Undertake other duties as determined by the SPV CEO and/or Board.
- Comply with all health and safety, quality and environment legislation and standards.
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required as part the John Laing Group.
Knowledge & Experience
- More than ten (> 10) years of experience in construction, transportation and infrastructure projects, such as heavy civil, highway and bridge, with at least some experience with large ($100M+), design-build, complex projects;
- Experience with developing and/or monitoring QA/QC-Plans;
- Practical knowledge of a recognised project management methodology; and
- Risk management experience with ability to identify project issues and risks;
- Basic understanding or experience with the operation of an SPV and P3 projects in general and more specifically understand the roles and responsibilities of the client, SPV, the design-builder, lenders and other project stakeholders;
- Experience with oversight of safety plans and programs, and their implementation
- Experience of winter construction conditions, techniques and issues; and
- Practical knowledge of maintenance and rehabilitation considerations on transportation assets.
- Sound knowledge of applicable Technical Requirements and State, Federal and local regulations and safety laws;
- Proficient with reading and interpreting Contract Documents, specifically design and construction plans and specifications and other documentation associated with heavy civil construction;
- Understand impact of construction issues on long term maintenance and rehabilitation;
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with multidisciplinary teams;
- Teamplayer with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solver; ability to influence and persuade others;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver effectively;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by the project; and
- Possess strong computer skills and be proficient with MS Office products and software.
- Professional engineer, construction manager or project manager
- Continuous professional development
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution desirable
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org