Group Strategy and Transactions Manager
Job Title: Group Strategy and Transactions Manager
Reporting to: VP Strategy & Partnerships
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Strategy + Divestment
Business Division: Group
About John Laing:
John Laing Group (JLG) is a FTSE 250 listed international originator, active investor and manager of infrastructure projects. As a responsible investor, our business is focused on major transport, social and energy transition infrastructure projects across a range of international markets including Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and the UK.
John Laing is one of the world’s most trusted names in the field of infrastructure thanks to our expertise and credentials. We have completed over 150 projects in the last 50 years.
To create value for all our stakeholders by investing in, developing and managing infrastructure projects which respond to public needs, foster sustainable growth and improve the lives of communities around the world.
Ownership: We take personal and collective responsibility for our contributions to the business, reflecting the ethics, inclusivity and integrity of our purpose.
Empowerment: We trust our colleagues to do their best work for our business, wherever they are, giving them the tools, skills and support they need in order to do their best and reach their full potential.
Growth Mindset: We are open minded and alive to learning new things and spotting new opportunities. We’re continually looking for ways to improve, so that we develop as individuals and contribute to the growth of our business and communities in which we work.
Shared Prosperity: We believe that our success can only come from collective results, where outcomes are aligned and benefits are realised for all stakeholders.
The Role: Group Strategy & Transactions Manager
In this role, you would be part of the Strategy and Divestment teams within the Group business division.
The Strategy team is responsible for defining and facilitating the implementation of John Laing investment and corporate strategy.
The Group divestment team is responsible for developing and delivering the exit strategy and execution for projects across all regions where the Group is present.
Purpose of the role:
The Group Strategy & Transactions Manager will support the Group Strategy and Divestment teams in their day to day activities, as well as providing direct support to John Laing CEO upon request.
- Support the strategy function in defining the group investment and corporate strategy
- Lead / coordinate the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Conduct competitor / industry research and analysis leveraging public and non-public sources
- Working with the JLG CEO and executive team on discrete strategic projects
- Prepare presentation for JLG Board and executives
- Support the Divestment function within the Group through all phases of the divestment process, including planning, preparation and execution
- Support the co-ordination of the various internal stakeholders in the divestment planning phase, including the monthly asset review meetings and quarterly valuations, as well as the quarterly Investment Committee meetings to review the divestment plan
- Support the local teams in the day-to-day preparation and execution phase for specific transactions
- Coordinate the various advisers as part of the transaction execution phase including with due diligence, Q&A, the preparation of marketing materials, etc.
- Support the Group Divestment function in its dialogue with the secondary market, by maintaining regular contacts with key financial advisers and potential investors
Knowledge, Skills & Qualification Required:
- Strong analytical / modelling skills
- Strong presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to think strategically
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
- Team player with low ego
Beneficial Experience (not required):
- Minimum 3-year of investment banking or Big4 transaction team
- Infrastructure related experience (investment, operations…)
Perks & Benefits:
- Private medical care
- Private dental care
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Charity related projects
- Women’s Network Club
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Holiday Purchase
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym Flex
- And many more…
More about us:
We are an equal opportunities employer. At John Laing, we value the unique skills, experiences and backgrounds of every employee, and have a wide range of D&I initiatives across the organisation. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
If you wish to apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.